Receding gums is a common oral health problem that oftentimes requires surgery to correct. If your dentist has diagnosed you with receding gums, it is time to find an oral surgeon near me tampa fl who can provide the surgery needed to treat the problem. Although surgery is not necessary for every case, for patients that suffer from the most severe conditions, it may be the only treatment that works.
What Causes Receding Gums?
If you have receding gums, you probably have a lot of questions. Among them is how you could ever receive such a diagnosis. This is common and the answer is not easy. There are a few things that can cause a person to experience receding gums. It is the dentist who will help determine the cause of receding gums, which can include:
· Aggressive Brushing: Aggressively brushing the teeth can cause many health concerns, including receding gums. Be gentle when brushing the teeth to reduce risk of this problem and many others.
· Bruxism, or tooth grinding, may cause receding gums.
· Genetics may be responsible for receding gums.
· Abnormal tooth positioning.
· Poor oral hygiene.
· Using tobacco, including cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
These causes are just some of the many things that may cause receding gums to develop. When you visit the dentist, he will examine your oral health to determine the exact cause of receding gums so treatment is easier.
If you notice that you have receding gums, do not ignore the problem. Not only does it affect the appearance of your mouth, the placement of the teeth, and the health of the teeth, it is also a sign of early gum disease. Your dentist can provide you with a variety of treatment options and can help you eliminate the problem before it becomes an even bigger concern, but only if you go to the dentist with open arms.